1 lb. pork butt, cubed
1/8 lb. bacon, cubed
½ lb. spicy kolbász, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 parsley roots, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, cut up
1 tomato, cut into cubes
1 green pepper, cut onto strips
1 Tbsp paprika
¾ cup sour cream
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt, more if needed
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp ground caraway seeds
1-2 sprig of dill greens, cut up small
1-2 sprig of parsley greens, cut up small
8 cups beef or chicken broth or water
Soup pasta – csipetke
- In a large cast iron pot fry bacon. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, set aside.
Fry onion in bacon grease. Add cubed pork, and fry while stirring. Add caraway seeds, salt and pepper, stir. Add a small amount of water, cover and sauté on low temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, parsley roots, garlic and paprika, and mix. Add bacon and kolbász, and broth or water and cook another 20 minutes.
- Add green pepper and tomato. Bring to a boil.
- Top it with dill and parsley greens.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with sour cream and add to the soup. Bring to a slow boil and serve hot over csipetke.
1 or 2 eggs and flour, as much as the eggs will take. Make a very hard dough. Take a larger piece in your left hand and pinch off small pieces with your right. When all done, boil csipetke in salted water.